My Thoughts on Shadowhunters

06:00


Last year, it was announced that Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instrument series was to be adapted into a TV show because the film - that came out in 2013 - wasn't overly that great. The new adaption, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments, came out on Freeform earlier this month and few days after - it came out on the UK Netflix.

As a fan of the books, I was ecstatic that it was being adapted into a TV show with a new cast. (I wasn't overly a huge fan of Lily Collins as Clary.) I was really looking forward to be seeing how the new show was going to turn out like, so I sat down and turned on Netflix eager to see one of my favourite series come to life.

I was disappointed.

While I was engaged in the new show, I thought that it wasn't faithfully adapted and I hated how some of the cast portrayed their characters. I really cannot stand the portrayal of Clary (Katherine McNamara); she just doesn't seem like the Clary that I have read about in Clare's novel. However, I do really love Jace (Dominic Sherwood) as he is played in such a realistic way that makes me fall in love with the character all over again. I think that Dominic Sherwood was the perfect choice to play Jace, he makes the character incredibly likeable.

I'm not overly a huge fan of Isabelle or Alec (Emeraude Toubia and Matthew Daddario) I feel that they're moving away from what those two characters were actually like in the books; and that they're giving Alec and Isabelle new personalities.

I've seen three episodes, now, and I think that while it is following the plot of the City of Bones - I feel that there is room for improvement. I am looking forward to the next ten episodes because the show may become better and much more enjoyable!

What's your opinion on the Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook