BLOG TOUR: The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury (The Sin Eater's Daughter, #2)

06:00

Thank you to Scholastic Books and Faye Rogers for sending me a copy of The Sleeping Prince in exchange for a review. In no way has this affected my opinion of the book, nor the content of this review.

The Sleeping Prince, written by Melinda Salisbury.
Published by, Scholastic Books.
Publication Date, February, 4th, 2016.
Genres Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance.
Pages 336.
Format ARC.
Source Publisher and Faye Rogers


Synopsis: 
Displaying Sleeping Prince.jpgSome fairy stories should never come true...

Errin knows the old story well: the Sleeping Prince, who rises from his slumber every hundred years to wreak horror and bloodshed. She just never imagined he was real. 

As this terrifying enemy rises and a war begins, Errin is forced to flee. With no one to turn to, her only hope is the mysterious Silas, a man whose face she has never even seen...

five-stars

 The Sleeping Prince was captivating from start to finish. It was a stunning novel to read, and I'm still trying to recover from the roller coaster of emotions that Salisbury put me on at the beginning of her latest book. Melinda Salisbury's The Sleeping Prince offers a different viewpoint to its companion novel, The Sin Eater's Daughter, as it has a new narrator - Errin, a smart Tregellan girl. Even though there may be a new protagonist, we have already been introduced to Errin as there are mentions of her in The Sin Eater's Daughter, due to the fact that she is Lief's sister.

 As a Tregellan, Errin's life is filled with logic and science - however, with continuous attacks from The Sleeping Prince, everybody begins to believe in charms and magic to protect them from this evil being. While the Tregellians prepare for war with The Sleeping Prince, chaos ensues so everybody has to be evacuated so that they're not at a huge risk of being slaughtered by this 'fairytale character'. But, Errin decides to stay in her home with her sick mother, until she is well enough to travel to a refugee camp. 

 I loved the new set of characters, especially the protagonist. I adored seeing how different Errin was to Twyla - the protagonist in The Sin Eater's Daughter - as well as seeing the development of her character during the course of The Sleeping Prince. Silas, on the other hand, was a very strange character. I thought that Salisbury really thought about how to make him realistic; I connected with him, and I found him a really likable character. Melinda Salisbury made her characters really different from each other, so it was wonderful to get different opinions on them. I found The Sleeping Prince a really eerie character, and whenever he was mentioned by a character or featured in a chapter, the hairs on my skin would always seem to raise.

 I enjoyed how the events in The Sleeping Prince rolled out. It didn't feel rushed, and it was written at a decent pace - I was able to understand everything that happened, and I was gripped by Salisbury's words. Every time I picked up The Sleeping Prince, I got excited because I was being dragged back into the world of mystery and mayhem - it was a thrilling ride. 

 If you're a fan of fantasy, with a bit of action, then I highly recommend The Sleeping Prince. It's such a phenomenal read, and it's perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series. I have never been so addicted to a novel before, that has managed to turn me into an emotional wreck halfway through the novel. I can hardly begin to imagine that I have to wait until 2017 to read more of Salisbury's one-of-a-kind writing. This was such an enjoyable read, and if you have never heard of Melinda Salisbury, I recommend that you pick up a copy of The Sin Eater's Daughter because you're seriously missing out.


To find out more about Melinda Salisbury, and her books, you can go to her website by clicking here or you can follow her on Twitter, @AHintofMystery.

Displaying Sleeping Prince.jpg
Displaying Sleeping Prince.jpg
Displaying Sleeping Prince.jpgDisplaying Sleeping Prince.jpg

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook