REVIEW: Judged by Liz de Jager (The Blackhart Legacy, #3)

06:00

Thank you to publisher Tor Books and Michelle Toy for sending me a copy of Judged by Liz de Jager. In no way has this affected my opinion, nor the content of this review.

Judged, by Liz de Jager.
Publisher, Tor Books.
Publication date, January 14th, 2016.
Genres Young adult, fantasy, romance.
Pages 396.
Format Paperback.
Source Publisher.


Synopsis: 
The Blackhart Code: Never give up and never look back.

There's never a dull day on Kit's watch, as her job involves solving crimes - the supernatural kind. She's up against it as Glow, a Fae created drug, goes viral. Kit, Aiden and Dante must somehow shut down the suppliers before people get badly hurt.

In the Otherwhere, Fae prince Thorn stumbles across a deadly secret. The Veil separating our human world from the Fae realms is weakening. If it fails, madness and chaos will devastate both lands - so Thorn turns to Kit for help. 

Torn between the Glow case and her feelings for Thorn, Kit faces terrible choices. But she and Thorn must use their powers to avert disaster, whatever the cost: for failure will shatter two worlds.

five-stars

Liz de Jager knows how to tell a good story, Her writing is incredibly gripping and ever since first reading Banished, I have been hooked on De Jager's phenomenal novels. Judged is the third, and final, novel in The Blackhart Legacy and the action picks up shortly after the events at the end of Vowed - which is the second book. Kit, Aiden, and Dante are trying to put their lives back together, but with the rapid increase of a drug called Glow - their hope for rest is long gone due to the fact that there is a large rise in Fae crimes. 

In the Otherwhere, Thorn begins to discover that the Veil is beginning to slowly crumble and if it breaks all hell will break loose and not only will the human world be a jeopardy, the Fae worlds would also be at risk. Caught up in the minefield of Fae politics, who can Thorn trust?

De Jager's trilogy reminds of shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Supernatural because of the wonderful set of characters she had created, as well as the fantastic plot that she has written. When I first met Kit back in Banished, she was a shy girl who felt uncomfortable in her own skin - however within each book, Kit becomes more determined and confident and she just becomes this fantastic person that I have fallen in love with. Kit is, in my opinion, the next Katniss Everdeen. Thorn has grown even more on me, and I wish that Liz could carry on with this series because I would love to read his about his adventures because he's just one awesome character. My opinion of Dante has completely changed and I'm really grateful for that because by the end of Judged, I thought that he was an amazing character. All in all, I have loved the character development in these books and I think that De Jager's characters are the best set I have ever come across. 

What I really loved about Judged was that I was engrossed all the way through to the end. From the moment that I started the novel, I was drawn back into Kit's shoes and I was flooded with emotions. De Jager really knows how to play with your emotions, if you have never read any of her books I recommend that you do so because I feel that De Jager is going to be even more popular than Cassandra Clare, author of Thr Mortal Instruments series. The plot is fantastic, and I'm really sad that it has to end because I'd love to see more Kit and her friends.

I cried for a solid ten minutes after finishing Judged because De Jager ended it perfectly. It was the ending that I hoped for and imagined. It was wonderfully summed up, and it just brought me to tears. It was stunning, it left me speechless. I lost myself in Judged, it was a beautiful book and I can honestly go on all day just saying how awesome it is. If you haven't even bothered to pick up this set of books, do yourself a favor a get them because, in the end, you're always left craving more and De Jager's writing will stay with you because she's seriously talented.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook