REVIEW: Wonder Woman, Volume 1: Blood by Brian Azzarello

00:00


13227319
Title: Wonder Woman, Volume 1: Blood

Author: Brian Azzarello

Publication date: June 5th 2012
Publisher: DC Comics
Genres: comics. graphic novel, superhero, fantasy, mythology, fiction
Pages: 160
Format: Hardcover; graphic novel 
Source: Bought



Buy the Graphic Novel (Amazon) | Buy the Graphic Novel (Waterstones) 


Synopsis: 


Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons, has kept a secret from her daughter all her life – and when Wonder Woman learns who her father is, her life will shatter like brittle clay. The only one more shocked than Diana by this revelation? Bloodthirsty Hera – so why is her sinister daughter, Strife, so eager for the truth to be told? 



Wonder Woman has always been one of my favourite superheroes, she's a strong female character who is such an inspiration to everyone of all ages, and this character's amazingness is clearly shown in every page of this graphic novel.

Whilst the art in Wonder Woman is fantastic, the plot is phenomenal! Every page kept me on edge, I constantly wanted to know what would happen next, what Wonder Woman would do next, and I was desperate to meet new characters. I found the story very original, and therefore interesting to read - I think that it is definitely not one to miss.

I really loved how the characters were written, and even though this was the first volume of graphic novels in this series, I felt like I've known the characters for a long period of time. Each of them were mysterious in their own ways, which kept me reading on, honestly, the cast in Wonder Woman were so enjoyable, and I thought that their involvement in this graphic novel was perfect - each character had their own importance.

Without a doubt, I found Wonder Woman such an enjoyable piece to read. The art and plot worked together nicely - this is a good graphic novel to read if you are a fan of the character, or if you are looking to expand your graphic novel collection. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook